Children and Adolescents: Stimulants and Benzodiazepines
Jan 01, 1970 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Beyond opiates! There are other prescription drugs in Rhode Island with the potential for diversion and misuse that we should be thoughtful about prescribing, including benzodiazepines and stimulants. This presentation will discuss the epidemiology and appropriate prescribing of these medications in young people.
At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of benzodiazepine and stimulant use by young people in Rhode Island, based on data from the State Prescription Monitoring Program.
- Discuss general principles of diversion and monitoring and ways to identify and prevent misuse in clinical practice.
- Discuss appropriate clinical use and prescribing of benzodiazepines for anxiety disorders.
- Discuss appropriate clinical use and prescribing of stimulants for attention disorders.
– Program fee: $29.
– Online registration closes on Tuesday, October 6
– Register online – http://www.bradleyhospital.org/Bradley-Conference-Registration.html
– For refund/cancellation information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daura Levesque at 401-432-1087