May 5, 2016
Goal: To provide a foundation to better understand health disparities with an emphasis on health equity within the context of behavioral health.
Objectives: Workshop participants will:
• become familiar with the conceptual issues and differences related to health disparities, health inequality, and health equity;
• explore disparities with the context of behavioral health using Rhode Island and National data to provide context in understanding these disparities;
• apply various frameworks - including social determinants, life course (life span or stages), and CDC's health equity pyramid - to better understand behavioral health disparities; and,
• examine approaches to address disparities in creating health equity.
Dates: 5/5/16 (Thursday) and 5/12/16 (Thursday)
* Please note that it is recommended that you attend both trainings, but it is not required.
Time: 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Portsmouth Free Public Library
2658 East Main Road
Portsmouth, RI 02871