OPIOIDS IN PAIN MANAGEMENT: THE FUSION OF SCIENCE AND PRACTICE
Jan 01, 1970 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Pain is among the most common complaints in primary care, including those with chronic symptoms. Opioids are medications that relieve pain. Taken as prescribed, opioids can be used to manage pain safely and effectively. They are cost effective and allow increased numbers of patients to return to active productive lives in society. Yet, while opioids have been with us for over 4000 years, the landscape of opioid therapies is rapidly evolving. Federal and state regulations are swiftly changing to address the current opioid epidemic. New formulations and treatment options are emerging that may reduce inherent risk to patients. Education is key to staying current and maximizing the effectiveness of opioids in clinical practice.
The 2017 International Conference on Opioids (ICOO 2017) has assembled the best and brightest minds in opioid analgesics who will explore the challenges of using opioids to treat pain. They will present the latest research, real world knowledge, and practical solutions aimed at improving patient outcomes and reducing risk to both your patients and your practice. Click here to see pictures from ICOO2016.
We have assembled the best and brightest minds in opioid analgesics who will share the latest research and real world knowledge in the evolving paradigm of opioids in medicine.
Among the many topic areas covered at ICOO 2017:
- Updates on FDA Approvals: Abuse Deterrent Opioid Formulations and Their Applications
- Tapering Patients Off Opioids – Advanced Cases
- Best Practices in Opioid Prescription: Dosing, Opioid-Induced Hyperalgesia and Opioid Rotation
- Treatment of Co-Morbid Conditions, e.g. Addiction and Bipolar Disorder; Addiction and ADHD
- Patient Selection for Use of Opioids to Treat Pain; Detecting Abuse, Diversion and Addiction
- Use of Opioids in Chronic Non-Cancer Patients as well as Cancer Survivors
- Long Term Opioid Use and Its Effect on Adrenal Insufficiency
- Use of Buprenorphine for Treatment of Pain.
- Specific Acute Surgical Pain Management
- Interpretation of Urine Drug Screen Results
- Medical Marijuana AND Opioids
Join us in Boston, June 10-13, 2017