Utilizing a Sensory Processing Approach with Children and Adolescents: Trauma Informed Care 2
Jan 01, 1970 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
This presentation explores major concepts underlying a trauma informed approach in any setting. Human trauma can stem from many places including loss, natural or human driven disaster, unwanted change, abuse, neglect, or violence exposure. Join us as we peer through the lens of trauma to challenge our thinking about human behavior and our responses to it.
At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Identify five core concepts of trauma informed care.
- Recognize the fundamental role of early attachment experiences in the formation of social and emotional development throughout the life span.
- Recognize emotion dysregulation as a hallmark of trauma response.
- Identify and understand the concept of vicarious traumatization for care providers in human service settings.
More Information: http://www.bradleyhospital.org/trauma-informed-care-2.html
- Program fee: $49.
- Online registration closes on Monday, October 19