VAPING: Facts a parent must know to keep kids safe
Jan 01, 1970 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems are the newest trend in youth substance use and, unfortunately, the majority of kids see them as a safe alternative to smoking tobacco. This workshop will give parents the facts they need to know to reverse this trend and keep their kids safe.
What you’ll learn:
- History of vaping devices
- Effect of nicotine on the adolescent brain
- How e-cig companies are targeting our teens
- Vaping devices recently confiscated in local schools
- How vaping devices are used to ingest concentrated forms of marijuana
- Industrial chemicals detected in vaping liquids
- Heidi Driscoll, South Kingstown Prevention Partnership Coordinator, has given workshops on vaping to parents, locally and nationally.
- Officer Scott Sullivan, Portsmouth Police Department
- Officer Liam Black, Tiverton Police Department