The Rhode Island Prevention Resource Center (RIPRC) is dedicated to providing training, technical assistance, and capacity-building resources to Rhode Island substance abuse prevention providers and their community partners.
The RIPRC’s primary goals are to:
- Strengthen the capacity of prevention providers and communities to implement current, evidence-based prevention strategies
- Increase the number of prevention providers who participate in the RI Substance Abuse Prevention certification system
- Foster collaboration between substance abuse providers and across related prevention initiatives.
We created this website as a tool to achieve these goals. Here you’ll find a centralized resource clearinghouse for Rhode Island prevention providers, parents, community members, and interested health professionals.
Through riprc.org you can:
- Find a wide range of curated prevention resources
- Learn about upcoming trainings and access webinars
- Request technical assistance from the RIPRC
- Join our mailing list and receive our newsletter
- Discover potential partners or prevention organizations in your area
- Access factsheets about prevention in general and specific prevention topics
- Read about successful initiatives in your community, state, and throughout the US.
In the event of a mental health or substance use crisis, call to connect with a licensed counselor, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Bilingual support and medications to assist with recovery are available.