Read about innovative initiatives and collaborations going on locally in the Rhode Island prevention community.
- Rebecca Boss, Director of BHDDH
In this interview, Rebecca Boss expands on her journey to her new (or not so new) position, and shares her vision for leading a state agency, with an eye on prevention…
- Anchor Recovery: Peer Recovery Services
In this interview, George O’Toole, Manager of the Anchor ED program at Anchor Recovery Community Center – Pawtucket, discusses the importance of peer support systems in recovery.
- BHDDH: Improving Youth Treatment Systems in Rhode Island
In this interview, Trisha Suggs, BHDDH discusses her work on the State Youth and Young Adult Treatment Planning Grant…
- Department of Transportation: Roadway Safety & Impaired Driving
In this interview, Gaby Abbate, Chief of the Office of Highway Safety at the RI Department of Transportation, discusses how to encourage safe use of our state’s roadways and prevent impaired driving…
- Video Profile: Facing the Opioid Epidemic in Rhode Island
In this video, Rhode Island leaders in opioid overdose prevention, recovery, and research talk about the state’s response to the epidemic.
- RI Student Assistance Services: School-Based Prevention
In this interview, Sarah Dinklage, the Executive Director at Rhode Island Student Assistance Services, discusses the importance of school-based prevention.
- Warwick Senior Centers: Preventing Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse
In this interview, Pat Seltzer, a Community Wellness Nurse at Buttonwoods Community Center & Pilgrim Senior Center, discusses prescription drug misuse and abuse among older adults.
- The Rhode Island Youth Suicide Prevention Project (RIYSPP)
In this profile, Jeff Hill talks about the Rhode Island Youth Prevention Project (RIYSPP) and their work to educate the public about youth suicide and effective prevention strategies.
- South Kingstown Coalition: E-Cigarettes / ENDS Products Education
In this interview, Heidi Driscoll and Dave Neill discuss electronic cigarettes and the public prevention work by the South Kingstown Partnership for Prevention to educate the community about their dangers.
- Underage Drinking Prevention Public Service Announcements
In this interview, Gaby Abbate, Pattie Sweet, Dana DeVerna, and Anna Meehan discuss the creation of the Rhode Island Underage Drinking Prevention Public Service Announcements.