<- Back to Training & Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Naloxone (Narcan) Training
January 31, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pmFree
If you are often in groups of people, either personally or professionally you should be at this training. Are you in a service profession where you visit homes or offices? Statistically there is someone who will cross your path that is struggling with opioids. This training will empower you to help increase the number of lives saved by bystanders and professional first responders (police officers, firefighters and EMTs).
Invite your colleagues, employees and associates to join you for this free training.
There is a statewide effort to get Nalaxone (Narcan) into the hands of those who might encounter a drug overdose by providing training, and continuing to make Narcan widely and easily available. Bridgemark professionals will provide those in attendance with overdose education and training. Learn how to recognize an overdose, what steps you should take and how to administer naloxone, the life-saving antidote for opioid overdose.
- Nearly 1 in 10 have taken an opioid or prescription
- 130 Americans die each day due to Opioid-related causes
- 1,057,320 RI Population (2018)
- 51.2 Opioid prescriptions per 100 persons in RI (2017)
- 324 Drug-related deaths in RI (2017) [opioidamfar.org]
- 233 in 2019* (*some deaths from August – November 2019 are still pending toxicology results and are not reflected in the total.)
PRE-REGISTRATION RECOMMEND – The number of Training Kits brought to the event will be based on pre-registration numbers. Register here.
Training provided by Bridgemark Addiction Recovery Services