Each year in April, we acknowledge the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse and neglect and promote the social and emotional well-being of children and families. This year, National Child Abuse Prevention Month focuses on the theme “Building Community, Building Hope.” To help you plan for the 2017 National Child Abuse Prevention Month and learn how to build your community and build hope in children and families, you can:
- Visit the National Child Abuse Prevention Month website to find useful resources.
- Download the 2016/2017 Prevention Resource Guide: Building Community, Building Hope and learn how to strengthen families using protective factors.
- Access dozens of tip sheets—including two new ones available only online: “Finding Affordable Housing” and “Making a Family Emergency Preparedness Plan”—in English and Spanish that can be distributed to parents and caregivers.
- Bookmark three activity calendars—one each for prevention programs, parents, and community partners—and discover ways to plan and engage with families through activities and events inspired by the protective factors.
- View our prevention video gallery, which features the “Building Community, Building Hope” series. You can also view and share national child abuse prevention partners’ videos via email and social media to raise awareness among your networks.
- Download and post National Child Abuse Prevention Month widgets to your website to help promote the initiative.
- Join the conversation and share what you’ve learned on Facebook or Twitter by using #PreventionMonth or #NCAPM2017.