Prevention in Action Series: Teaching the SAPST at a University
In this one-hour self-paced course, participants will:
- Review milestones in this history of prevention certification in Maine
- Review background that led to the development of the SAPST course
- Understand the structure and content of a University course focusing on the SAPST
- Learn about example content of the SAPST course, and
- Examine implementation and logistical methods and challenges of the SAPST course
In the event of a mental health or substance use crisis, call to connect with a licensed counselor, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Bilingual support and medications to assist with recovery are available.