- This event has passed.
PTTC Training: Promising Prevention Practices: When, Why, and How to Implement
November 30, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
This 3-hour virtual training will explore why, when, and how we select and implement prevention strategies with emerging levels of evidence. The training will focus on building an understanding of programs that have emerging levels of evidence – often called “promising practices.” We will discuss where to find promising practices, how to select the right one for your community needs, and considerations when implementing the practices. The event will be highly interactive, and participation will be required.
This training is best suited for substance misuse prevention specialists with an intermediate or advanced understanding of strategy selection, implementation, fidelity, and monitoring.
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS:
This is not a webinar. Participants will be expected to actively engage in the training, including the breakout room activities and discussions. Participants will need to be on camera with a working microphone during training. We ask that participants do not “Zoom and Drive” during the training.
- Define the components of an evidence-based strategy.
- Understand the difference between strategies defined as evidence based and those defined having emerging evidence.
- List the factors that support the decision to select and implement strategies with emerging evidence.
- Describe where and how you can find strategies with emerging evidence.
- List how monitoring the implementation of strategies with emerging evidence is different than that of evidence-based strategies.
Registrants who fully attend this event or training will receive a certificate of attendance via email within two weeks after the event or training.