- This event has passed.
Tobacco Dependence: What You Need to Know to Help People Quit
March 6, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$60
We know smoking is killing the people we work with, but often we just don’t know how to address it. Gain confidence in having the cessation conversation and creating effective referrals to treatment. You will learn how nicotine addiction affects the brain and how you can use evidence-based practice to assist people struggling with tobacco dependence to quit for good.
- Biopsychosocial determinants of nicotine dependence
- Counseling tools for rapid engagement
- Pharmacotherapy overview of nicotine replacement medications
- Cognitive-behavioral treatment strategies
- Best practices for effective referral to treatment
CEUs – 6
For more information and details about location please call: 401-521-5759
To register, please visit the SUMHLC website