- This event has passed.
Understanding Implicit Bias
August 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
In a time where inequity is at the forefront of conversation, Michele Stewart-Copes is here to have an earnest conversation about being introspective in order to make the world a better place. Our past experiences shape who we are in the present and we will be talking about how these experiences can unknowingly forward stigma. Whether it is religion, race, ethnicity, substance use, or any other self-identifying categories, we will learn what biases we have and how to positively combat them!
In this webinar we will:
- Define and address implicit bias, cultural humility, and other racial and social justice indicators.
- Build sensitivity, understanding of others, and an appreciation of diversity and uniqueness as an asset.
- Become more aware of your own biases, stereotypes, attitudes, and personal agendas.
- Develop communication skills to engage in meaningful dialogue about cultural influences.
- Understand the importance of asking open-ended questions and responding accordingly, to create culturally receptive dialogue.
- Maintain a positive attitude to establish a productive ongoing working environment, for continued hard conversations.
For more information and to register, click here.