Rhode Island Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals, 2021
BHDDH is dedicated to the recruitment, retention, education, and training of its substance abuse prevention professionals and to improving the quality of our workforce. BHDDH developed the 2021-2025 RI Substance Abuse Prevention Workforce Development Plan to support Rhode Island in its efforts to sustain an expanded, more sophisticated prevention workforce that is able to adapt and flourish within an evolving system. The Workforce Development Plan will help to support the following:
- An expanded workforce that understands the changing requirements and needs of its communities;
- Increased awareness and capacity of providers within the system;
- Providers who utilize data-driven planning and decision making;
- Community resources that are mobilized appropriately and effectively;
- A system characterized by increased integration, coordination, leadership and communication; and,
- A system that is able to adapt to emerging trends while being sustainable and cost effective.
To view the 2021-2025 Rhode Island Substance Abuse Prevention Workforce Development Plan, click here.