Preventing Underage Drinking in Rhode Island, Why It Matters
Rhode Island Prevention Resource Center, 2021
The purpose of this eLearning course is to educate behavioral healthcare providers, educators, law enforcement officials, parents, and concerned citizens about the state of underage drinking in Rhode Island, prevention efforts that work, and how to become involved. Please note that we can only provide certificates of course completion to those who work in Rhode Island.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the harms of underage drinking
- Describe underage drinking statistics and trends in Rhode Island
- Describe effective efforts to reduce underage drinking
- Discuss Rhode Island policy and laws related to underage drinking
- Identify current state and local underage drinking prevention efforts
- Describe what you can do to prevent underage drinking
- Identify who to contact for more information and where to get help
Click here to access this eLearning module.
In the event of a mental health or substance use crisis, call to connect with a licensed counselor, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Bilingual support and medications to assist with recovery are available.